VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Geek I/O Episode 14: "Seaman shoots laser - Pew Pew!"  (Read 1062 times)

JonFromSeattle

• Friar
  • Geek I/O Head Producer
    • Geek I/O
Geek I/O Episode 14: "Seaman shoots laser - Pew Pew!"
« on: April 11, 2013, 12:59:10 AM »

Geek I/O Episode 14: "Seaman shoots laser - Pew Pew!"

Welcome to Geek IO episode 14, recorded Wednesday 10th of April 2013!

I’m CJ Boat,  I’m Jarred Azevedo, I’m Rachel Boat, I’m Jared Budlong, and I’m Jonathan Slater.

Joining us this week: NSFW’s red headed stepchild, Minecraft Master, mighty youtube expert, TWiT.tv’s best producer EVER, OMG Chaddington Bear, Chad Johnson!

Geek out with the guest about their stuff!

What We’re Playing
G3:(Gadgets, Games & Gizmos or whatever we have been playing with this week)

CJ Boat -  Ruby-ing, API-ing, DBA-ing, Guild Wars 2, M:tG, D&D, plan making, Disney-ing

Jarred Azevedo - The Room, Bates Motel

Rachel Boat - Final two weeks of Associates degree (if I pass the stupid Bio bullshit!), GuildWars2, going to be starting C25K, NEW CAR!!

Jared Budlong - Adobe Premiere Pro, Secret Project

Jonathan Slater - GI Joe Retaliation, New Evil Dead, Tales Of Vesperia, Drinking with Geek I/O Gay Fans, Finished Sword Art Online Anime, Bought and ate 200 dollars of Pocky in a single day. Down Under Colorado w/ Dale Campbell live. Scarlet Blade MMO http://scarletblade.aeriagames.com/.

Guest - Minecraft Feed the beast, Riven for iPad, Wise Man's Fear, The Linux Command Line

News!:
Jared B: First Pluto, now Matter States? SCIENCE!?!?!
https://simonsfoundation.org/features/science-news/solid-or-liquid-physicists-redefine-states-of-matter/

Dale: Facebook to start charging for messaging??
http://money.aol.co.uk/2013/04/08/facebook-to-start-charging-for-messaging/

Jarred A: (SCIENCE) US Navy sees shipboard laser weapon coming soon
http://news.cnet.com/8301-11386_3-57578559-76/u.s-navy-sees-shipboard-laser-weapon-coming-soon/

CJ will be doing a Comic Geek I/O full episode this weekend

*Intermission Time* (approx 10 mins)

Welcome Back

“The Great Dale Campbell”from the tadpool, Chefwonder Podcasts and Geek IO  has made time in his busy schedule to watch this movie and sent us his audio review (he has a full written review on our website). Thank you DALE!

RANT & REVIEW
Title: Transformers: Beast Wars (Pilot Episode)

Movie can be seen: Netflix Streaming

Movie Synopsis: The Transformers' war continues in an older time, through a newer generation. On a prehistoric Earth, the heroic Maximals and the evil Predacons (not Pedocons) battle for survival against each other and against nature.

Release Date: Series premiered on September 16, 1996 and ended on March 7, 1999

Main Actors/Actresses:
Scott Mcneill - Dinobot
Gary Chalk - Optimus
Ian James Corlett - Cheetor (yeah he cheats)
Richard Newman - Rhinox
David Kaye - Megatron

Trivia: Beast Wars also introduced the word "slag" as a frequently used Transformer profanity and swear word. Being a cartoon for kids, the writers naturally couldn't use any cuss words, and thus a new meaning of "slag" was born. "Slagging" was also used as an adjective to describe things when the characters were feeling angry.

The character of Dinobot holds parallels with Dragon Ball Z's Piccolo, both voiced by Scott McNeil: both start out as enemies but eventually become respected allies.

Well Known Quotes:
Optimus Primal: Megatron?
Megatron: Leave here, Optimus Primal. I will deal with this.
Optimus Primal: Like you did last time? Dream on. All Maximals, *maximize*!
Megatron: Predacons, *terrorize*!

Everyone: “Shut up Rattrap!”

DALE'S REVIEW (few minutes)
RANT/REVIEW: (45-60 Minutes)

How to reach us / Guest(s): 
about.me/dragoskai - CJ
about.me/jaztech - JARRED A
about.me/geminii - RACHEL
about.me/jared.budlong - JARED B.
about.me/jonfromseattle- SLATER
OMGCraft youtube.com/omgchad @omgchad - Chad Johnson

Next Episode Guests: JJ & Renee Valentine
The couple that podcasts together, stays together. How true it is for these two. The brotha from anotha motha, Mr. JJ Valentine and lovely and talented Renee join the program next week.

Next Rant & Review: Gingerdead Man. Suggested by our very own Trannies in the Outback movie watcher Dale Campbell.

You can submit your reccomendations over at geek-io.com using the “Rant & Review Suggestion Form” on the left!

We want your help.
… Did we miss some big news?
… Do you need some insight into something? (AKA our totally unprofessional opinions!)
… We want to make YOU happy because, as our listeners, we want to entertain you! 
So send your emails to: feedback@geek-io.com

Geek I/O is a proud member of Versus the World Productions at VTWProductions.com along with a ton of other great shows including the BRAND NEW “Your Opinion is WRONG!” by Wayne & Ken of Show X fame!

This show can be heard live on Wednesdays starting around 9:30PM Eastern on VTW Radio, also found on VTWProductions.com. If you miss us live, we re-air Fridays at 2PM Eastern.

You can locate the show archives at geek-io.com where you can also drop us a note. Our show notes are always at http://www.geek-io.com/forum where we invite you to discuss what you liked about the episodes, news topics, feedback on what were playing with, etc.

NEW REVIEW (iTunes):
“They are always making me laugh.  Me and my boyfriend listen every week, live and download it. Though, I have almost got in a lot of accidents because of listening to it when I drive. It’s a pleasure to have them in my podcast lineup every week.”

Do you think we could sound or look better? You can give us geeks love (i.e. - money) to our great show. How you ask? Go on over to http://www.geek-io.com/tipjar to donate some of that much needed geek love to the show. If you donate $5 (or more) to the cause, we will give you a shout out and read *anything* you want us to read at the top of the show! Helps give a plug to you, or if you just want to be silly - and it helps keep the lights on here at the show.

Show music is brought to you by Evan Carter, Ben Landis and Andrew Allen! Please help support indie artists!

You can purchase Andrew’s “Smooth Federation” & on Amazon.com

Ben’s album “Adventure’s in Pixels” can be bought through http://music.adventuresinpixels.net/ for $7.00 dollars. 

We can be heard on iTunes as well as Stitcher Radio,  so please be sure to leave an honest review of the show along with your star rating on Itunes. We’ll even read your review on the air!

Geek IO is now on the Twit-titer! Follow us and tweet along by using @geekioshow

Be sure to follow our Tech Reviewer, Raul Garza @TechGarza.

Don’t forget our Trannies in the Outback
‘MovieWatcherDale’ can be found at geek-io.com/chefwonder

We want to give a huge “Thank You!” tonight to Chad. Thank you so very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to chat and hang out with us geeks.

Extremely Final Words Or Thoughts or brain ferts/derps: Free-For-All

Slater: Check out Slater’s Clubhouse on geek-io.com this weekend as I write my personal movie reviews for G.I. Joe Retaliation and the 2013 version of Evil Dead.

We’ll catch you next week folks!
Got tech questions, have a funny tech story, mp3 attachments, or questions for our guest? Send your email to Feedback@geek-io.com