VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: First Impressions  (Read 1525 times)

DrMoriarty

• Novice
First Impressions
« on: January 26, 2013, 11:35:31 PM »

I listened in on the episode and the ones at your old site since making its appearance here. I've only listening to 1 complete episode and parts of 2 others but what I've heard makes you sound like a watered down less funny emporer's court. welcome to the station and all but I hope you are able to find your own style soon. Parodying another successful show on the station wont get you very far.

Sekani

• Baron
  • You don't care about any of this
    • sekani2.com
Re: First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 07:46:53 PM »

Ignore the shit-starter who posted above me.

I do like the blogs, comics, and other content on your website. After listening to your VTW debut, it came across as a bit too random for my tastes. Reminded me of a bad episode of Family Guy.

Still, I'm not writing you guys off. I'll check out a few more shows to get a better feel of what you're about. Welcome to the station!

Tom Badguy

• Vassal
  • The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 08:21:32 PM »

it came across as a bit too random for my tastes. Reminded me of a bad episode of Family Guy.

Still, I'm not writing you guys off. I'll check out a few more shows to get a better feel of what you're about. Welcome to the station!

You pretty much summed it up in a nutshell. That's basically every episode with no signs of changing.

Thanks for the feedback!
Listen to new episodes of Tales Of Relevant Thought every Sunday at 7PM EST/5PM MST!

Manly_Stuff

• Monk
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 12:01:29 AM »

Having listened to a couple of shows I would like to say you guys are pretty good.

Randomness and lots of Batman. Everything I've heard so far seems to, at least in a tangential way, involve Batman in some way. That is a plus for any show.

Also, you obviously have fun doing the show which gives it a very natural flow, little dead air and is enjoyable to listen to.

That said, at times its so free form that I get a bit lost and I have a bit of trouble distinguishing between your voices, but maybe I'm just slow and haven't noticed before.

Anyways, I'll keep on listening so keep it up.

Docdead

• Owner
  • Baron
    • Show X
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 07:40:57 PM »

I listened in on the episode and the ones at your old site since making its appearance here. I've only listening to 1 complete episode and parts of 2 others but what I've heard makes you sound like a watered down less funny emporer's court. welcome to the station and all but I hope you are able to find your own style soon. Parodying another successful show on the station wont get you very far.

DrMoriarty, just as a note, this is a podcast that I found completely separately from anything currently on the station. None of the members of Tales of Relevant Thought were listeners to VtW before I was introduced to them. There is no parody or copying of style. These are just a group of friends who discuss the things they love. If they have a feeling that is similar to another show on the network, that shouldn't be any cause for alarm. Emperor's Court is a very distinct show with a solid fan base.

Also, as for ToRT impressions, I find these guys pretty damn funny, which is why I was happy to be introduced to them. Keep up the good work.

Tom Badguy

• Vassal
  • The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 07:16:55 PM »

Having listened to a couple of shows I would like to say you guys are pretty good.

Randomness and lots of Batman. Everything I've heard so far seems to, at least in a tangential way, involve Batman in some way. That is a plus for any show.

Also, you obviously have fun doing the show which gives it a very natural flow, little dead air and is enjoyable to listen to.

That said, at times its so free form that I get a bit lost and I have a bit of trouble distinguishing between your voices, but maybe I'm just slow and haven't noticed before.

Anyways, I'll keep on listening so keep it up.

Thanks, man. I really appreciate that and I will pass it on to the guys.
Listen to new episodes of Tales Of Relevant Thought every Sunday at 7PM EST/5PM MST!

Lantis Greyfield

• Friar
  • Darkness beyond twilight.
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 10:43:15 PM »

Hello~ I would have posted something sooner, but I'm terribly inactive on this and every forum.

After hearing episodes from your own site, and now on VtW, I'm happy to welcome you into the community.  I hope you do well here and ignore those who type without thinking (or spell-check, apparently) and try to bring you down.  There is a uniqueness to your brand of humour and I very much appreciate you sharing that with this station.

Much love.
~ The Original Kopii
Darkness beyond twilight; crimson beyond blood that flows.
Buried in the stream of time is where your power grows.
I pledge myself to conquer all the foes who stand
before the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hand.

Let the fools who stand before me be destroyed by the power you and I possess!