VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Geek I/O Episode 1: "Castles made of hot-tubs are not super fruity gay!"  (Read 882 times)

JonFromSeattle

• Friar
  • Geek I/O Head Producer
    • Geek I/O

Geek IO! Episode 1: Castles Made of Hot Tubs are not Super Fruity Gay!
Episode Date: 1/9/2013
Guest host: Ali Spagnola & Marlissa Doss

This week’s episode is brought to you by Robert Hillman! Thank you for all of your support of the show!

Everyone please tweet:
Live stream w/o chat : geek-io.com/live
Live stream w/ chat : gplus.to/geekio

Welcome to Geek IO episode 1, recorded January 9, 2013!  I’m CJ Boat,  I’m Jarred Azevedo, I’m Rachel Boat, I’m Jared Budlong, and I’m Jonathan Slater.  Joining us this week: It’s getting HOT in here! We have quite possibly the prettiest girls that make the guys WANT to drink while seeing, made famous by the Power Hour (look it up, whinos) the party rockin, hard drinkin, NSFW rock star, Ali Spagnola, and joining us to geek out about 2012, the southern belle, the best thing about Dragoncon, and the girl who is trying to get me to WORK at Dragon*Con, from Lyrics Under Cover, once again, our favorite lady type friend, Marlissa Doss!

Geekin out with the guest(s)

Gadgets, Games & Gizmos (or what we are playing with):
CJ:  DarkSiders, Earthbound (for the first time!?), Assassin’s Creed 3, Torchlight 2

Rachel:  Orcs Must Die 2, Torchlight 2, back in school (only 3 classes this semester yay!), MyFitnessPal on my Kindle Fire HD (GeminiiAngel), Lose It! (TeamFrogpants on Biggest Loser 6 Month Challenge - in second place on my team!), and Nerdtacular 2013 Weight Loss Challenge (sitting in 5th - but didn’t start until November 7th), Happy Feet 2 (BlueRay DVD - STUPID cute!)

Jarred A:  My shiny Samsung Galaxy S3, finally saw movies I’ve been wanting to see, Google Play Music, ibotta, thanks RH for my pop-screen!

Ali: Suped-up Macbook Pro, IndieGoGo project for tour

Marli: Went to nerd game board game thing in Atlanta. “Board Game Fest” Talking to you live via my boyfriend’s awesome Christmas present to me, my Turtle Beach Headset! And making the Downton Abbey characters in the sims.

Jared B: Songify (Music Streaming),

Slater:  Voxer Walkie Talkie app, Crunchy Roll app, Four Square App, Fooducate App, Slater has a girlfriend now, and is out of work.

whaaaat!?! ^

*Intermission Time, New Budlong Square Space Ad, Audible Ad, VTW STING, * Slater does a live ad-read and CJ does a quick live read too. (approx 10 mins)

·Rant and Review : 2012!
Top 5 / Bottom 1 of the following: (if you add more, PLEASE email everyone and let them know):
Rules: only list something if it is something you did/watched/played FOR THE FIRST TIME in 2012, it doesn’t matter if it’s old or not.
Games (video and otherwise)
Movies/TV
Tech/Gadgets
General News
Science!
Tadpool Tech shows

How to reach us / Guest(s): 
about.me/dragoskai - CJ
about.me/jaztech - JARRED
about.me/geminii - RACHEL
about.me/jared.budlong - JARED B.
about.me/jonfromseattle- SLATER
about.me/marlipaige - MARLI
@Alispagnola

Next Guest: CJ’s being a bit nepotistic (what else is new!?) and has a local friend and fellow podcaster Dave Banach (Ba-naash) of the Magick Jukebox podcast ON THE AIR

Geek IO is a proud member of Versus the World productions at VTWProductions.com, along with other great shows such as Alpha Geek, Casually Hardcore, BGM, Show X, and many others.  We air Fridays at 2 PM Eastern. You can locate the archives at geek-io.com, and our show notes are always at http://tiny.cc/geekioforum

We want to thank everyone who tried to help out with our Kickstarter, unfortunently, we did not meet our goal, HOWEVER, you can STILL help out the show, go on over to http://tiny.cc/geek-io-tipjar to donate some love to the show. If you donate $5 (or more) to the cause, we will give you a shout out and read anything you want us to read at the top of the show!

Show music is brought to you by I Fight Dragons, and Andrew Allen - you can purchase Andrew’s “Smooth Federation” & IFD’s “Kaboom” on Amazon.com by using our affiliation link http://tiny.cc/geekioamazon 

We can be heard on iTunes as well as Stitcher Radio,  so please be sure to leave an honest review of the show on either of those two sites.

We want to thank our producers Jared Budlong and Jon Slater for all their hard work on the podcast as well as Mr. Raul Garza.  Also, a huge thank-you tonight to Ali and Marli. Thank you so very much ladies for taking time out of your busy schedules to chat and goof-off with us geeks.

Thank-you to our listeners of this program. Without you it does get lonely. If you have any tech news, tech questions, reviews, mp3s (up to 1 minute long), suggestions as to what we should review, anything at all - Send your emails to: Feedback@geek-io.com

Geek IO is now on Twitter! Follow us and tweet along by using @geekioshow
Be sure to follow our Tech Reviewer, Raul Garza @TechGarza on the twit-titter.
Final Words Of Thought

We’ll catch you next week folks
Got tech questions, have a funny tech story, mp3 attachments, or questions for our guest? Send your email to Feedback@geek-io.com