VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Advice on asking to Prom/Ball  (Read 3055 times)

Vandal

• Vassal
Advice on asking to Prom/Ball
« on: May 03, 2010, 06:50:19 PM »

So, as a senior in high school, I have the duty to ask someone to my Senior Ball. My last years attempt was a simple "ya wanna go" but this year the competition is fierce and I need to step my game up. So im calling on you guys, the VTW Community for help.

Just throw out any ideas you have to ask someone to Ball. Any help would be appreciated.

fuzzy logic

• Vassal
Re: Advice on asking to Prom/Ball
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 07:17:29 PM »

Cover their car in Oreos spelling out Prom/Ball?  Pin an envelop under one Oreo with a more formal request that they attend with you.

Hand them a muffin and say, "There's muffin I'd rather do than go to the ball with you."

Approach them after appearing out from behind a tree and say (whilst holding some sort of (fake) gun), "Come to the ball with me, if you want to live."

Leave a trail of M&Ms or some other candy, leading from their door to somewhere nearby.  The trail could lead to you, or a posterboard saying, "Prom/Ball?"  Ring the doorbell (hope the right person answers, or you have some way to indicate it's intended for them and not their dog/brother/uncle).

Walk up and ask them, with gusto!

Walk up to them with a broom in hand and say, "Mind if I sweep you off your feet?" (Blah blah, go to ball with me kthxbai)

Thistledown

• Baron
  • oh dear
    • i do stuff
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 07:24:40 PM »

I found that often the more cheezy/embarrassing, the higher success rate, at least at my high schools. Of course, don't embarrass the date in question, just yourself. Although, I'd thoroughly recommend you take a good friend or even go alone over the attractive brunette in second period who's name you know only by attendance.

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 11:07:36 PM »

I'd recommend going with someone you're known to be dating already, but since it seems you don't have a current partner, I'd recommend you treat it as a first date. Be cool about it, because in truth it's not a massive deal, worst comes to worse they'll say no, and some people might find out. Big whoop, happens to everyone.

Ask out someone you find attractive and likeable, and go for it. Be straight forward but casual. Be yourself. Cheesy but if you don't you might regret it later.

Best friend, as suggested above, is alright but not nearly as good as a date. Make that a backup option.

And remember, this isn't going to end your life if you end up going alone. There's no shame in it. There would be more shame in not going because you didn't want to go alone.

I wish you luck with it =)

Thistledown

• Baron
  • oh dear
    • i do stuff
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 12:48:09 AM »

...I should point out this is what I observed from my classmates. I was a loner (hopeless romantic, really) and didn't even want to go, so take my ideas with a grain of salt. It was all too played up. But if you want to go, go! Most of my classmates had a great time.

Valrick

• Baron
  • I have a text box fetish.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 01:01:47 AM »

I'd go with casual approach, safe in the knowledge that if you they turn you down, you can do like me and go solo, get absolutely shitfaced, and crack onto your best mate.

Win.

Vandal

• Vassal
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 07:04:34 PM »

get absolutely shitfaced, and crack onto your best mate.

Win.

That is so the plan. Cept maybe not crack.

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 10:01:57 AM »

I hope you're joking. Risking a friendship might not be worth it.

Your choice, atleast don't get "shitfaced" ;)

Valrick

• Baron
  • I have a text box fetish.
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 10:39:35 AM »

I hope you're joking. Risking a friendship might not be worth it.

Your choice, atleast don't get "shitfaced" ;)

Well, maybe not shitfaced... But rat-arsed at the very least!

Unrelenting

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 04:02:32 PM »

Approach them after appearing out from behind a tree and say (whilst holding some sort of (fake) gun), "Come to the ball with me, if you want to live."

For greater effect say that in an Arnie voice.
Pages: [1] 2