VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Wrestling.  (Read 8538 times)

scienceismagic

• Novice
  • Hello.
Re: Wrestling.
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 06:14:08 AM »

OK. Where do I start.

Favourite: HBK will always be the best in ring performer to ever live. Ric Flair will always be awersome. Right now, Orton and Punk make their shows worth watching. Christian is an awesome worker, and the Pope and Anderson on impact are the two best mic workers in the business today, along with the Miz. Foley and Dreamer are Hardcore Legends.

Hate: Can't stand Rey Mysterio or John Cena because they play to the 5 year olds and sell the merch. Cena needs a new gimmick fast, his current one dried up about 3 years ago. Rey werestles a lucha libre style which I hate. The point of wrestling is to make it look like they are causing high damage without actually doing so, and lucha libre loooks weak and pathetic. When you have Rey doing one of his moves to someone like Batista, and Dave having to sell it looks ridiculous. Who else? Erm.. Most of the jobbers that they send out (JTG, Shad, MVP, Hornswoggle, Dolph Ziggler, Kahli, Kane, Chavo, Regal, Koslov. There is more.) Its not there fault, its bad booking. Just cause they are lower down the card, doesnt mean they shouldn't be over, and that is WWE's fault. Oh, and Abyss's current gimmick is a complete and uttter joke.

Favourite Show: Impact. It's exciting. WWE isnt. End of it. RAW and Smackdown have never been more boring, especially Smackdown. Raw has actually been decent last couple weeks but then they killed it with sticking the US belt on Bret. Impact is far faster paced, and even though the booking is questionable sometimes, and Hogan is an asshole, its still much, much better. PG Pro Wrestling will never get over with me, simple as that. It's shit.

Best Moment? Too many to think of. HBK/Taker both times, were two of the greatest match in history, for different reasons. The G said, Austin/Rock at Mania 17 was incredible. Anything Austin did in the 90's was amazing. But im gonna say this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3UtX4wL9_w[/youtube]

The two greatest workers on the business killing themselves for over an hour, with the right winner in the end. Was beautiful booking, something you wouldnt get anymore.
Ladies and Gentlemen, the Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels, has left the building.

"Even through the darkest days, this fire burns. Always."

AwesomistG

• Monk
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 07:17:42 AM »

I was expecting alot more on how you thought HBK was awesome to be honest :P I agree with most of what you have said apart from the TNA stuff cause I dont watch it. Cena, "The Rock 2.0" is one of my favourites the now, if he's selling the merch and bringing in the money thenin my eyes he's doing something right.

Iron man match was quality. ;)
History Is Made By Those Who Break The Rules

scienceismagic

• Novice
  • Hello.
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2010, 07:42:37 AM »

HBK is best ever. FACT. Not much more to be said than that really :P Can go into why if you like? Terrific worker, great on the mic, awesome heel and face, makes EVERYONE look good no matter how bad they are, great high flier, part of the greatest stable ever, has an awesome finisher, i could go on :P

I hate Cena BECAUSE he's the merch seller and top guy etc. It annoys me just like I hated Rock. He has a limited move set, like Rock, but Rock got by because his gimmick and mic work was ace. But Cena's isnt, its baws. He's so boring and his matches are sooo predictable. He has the same match over and over again, and again it's the fact the 5 year olds chant his name and adore him that annoys me.

He's partially to blame for PG.
Ladies and Gentlemen, the Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels, has left the building.

scienceismagic

• Novice
  • Hello.
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 07:45:50 AM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1myj98UA_I[/youtube]

THIS is one of the greatest promos ever.

AwesomistG

• Monk
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2010, 12:33:07 PM »

He cant be blamed for PG. Everyone was on Cena's side at one time. It's things like Hornswoggle and new DX that are making WWE PG! HBK didn't do very much before his final feud with Taker. Cena has been in some really good matches and feuds with Randy Orton and Batista lately. Remember his great feud with Edge aswell, an incredible TLC match, Cena's had his fair share of hardcore matches.

AwesomistG

• Monk
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2010, 12:35:21 PM »

I also don't see HBK as a high flyer. He does an elbow drop not very impressive, and if he's a high flyer because of his moonsault then that means Kurt Angle is a high flyer.

scienceismagic

• Novice
  • Hello.
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2010, 01:41:50 PM »

He's not a high flier. I said he has the ability to do high flying moves, which he does. And I didn't say Cena was to blame. I said partially, basically If all the kiddies didn't love him so much and buy all his merchandise then we wouldn't have a PG era - because it wouldn't be popular. Its not John's fault, its the character. But even then, Cena, new DX, Hornswoggle they're not to blame as such, they are products of the PG era.

Linda Mcmahon and a dissillusioned Vince are to blame.

AwesomistG

• Monk
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2010, 01:47:41 PM »

You did say Cena was to blame and you did say hbk is a high flyer :P but yeah i understand what your meaning now.
Even Vince used to get involved with all the hardcore shit, he needs to start wearin the trousers again, slap Linda and fuck Trish again :P

scienceismagic

• Novice
  • Hello.
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2010, 02:03:38 PM »

clearly said partially :P I used to like John Cena. And he has had good matches not saying he hasn't. PG just sucks and his character is sooooooo boring. To me anyway. If Cena is on, then I'm nor really interested because it's obvious whats gonna happen.

AwesomistG

• Monk
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2010, 03:32:34 PM »

Batista has quit!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5