VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Wrestling.  (Read 8539 times)

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
Wrestling.
« on: April 29, 2010, 09:07:24 AM »

Hey guys =)

Alot of my friends at university are in love with wrestling, I enjoy watching the special moments (I'm talking about WWE wrestling, RAW, TNA etc), but I'm not a big fan in general. I used to watch it 10 years ago or so but things have changed alot.

So I ask you all these questions:

Who is your favourite wrestler?:
Who is your least favourite wrestler?:
What show is your favourite?:
Link your favourite wrestling moment via youtube:

Any feel free to talk about anything on the topic of wrestling in this thread.

Look forward to hearing responses =)

Grail

• Staff Member
  • Vassal
Re: Wrestling.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 01:18:24 PM »

I haven't really watched steady for probably 7 years or so.  With that said:

Who is your favourite wrestler?: Shawn Michaels (HBK, The Showstopper, The Headliner, The Main Event!)
Who is your least favourite wrestler?: Undertaker (Seriously overstayed his time and his  greatest matches were due to the performance of his opponents not any effort on his part.  Plus just sell 1 punch UT, just 1.)
What show is your favourite?: Back when I watched, Raw

Grail
I chose something different.  I chose the impossible.  I chose Rapture! -Andrew Ryan

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 01:55:01 PM »

"Monday Night Impact" is recommended to you by my wrestling crazy friends, unlike raw, that is not PG so it would be like it was when you last watched it :)

And yeah UT is past his time. My favourite wrestler was The Rock, show raw :)

Banished Link

• Novice
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 05:19:42 AM »

Who is your favourite wrestler?: Stone Cold Steve Austin
Who is your least favourite wrestler?: John Cena (Seems like The Rock 2.0)
What show is your favourite?: Raw
Link your favourite wrestling moment via youtube: Anything from the Attitude era.
"3-D is a distracting, annoying, anti-realistic, juvenile abomination to use as an excuse for higher prices."
-Roger Ebert

Octale

• Lord of the Hateorade
  • Staff Member
  • Baron
  • This is the text that doesn't end. Yes it goes on
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 09:17:21 AM »

Who is your favourite wrestler?: Arn Anderson.  The only shame is that it took them almost 8 years to get Double A and Flair in the same ring as opponents.
Who is your least favourite wrestler?:  John Cena.  Sells merch, has 4 moves.  Does a mediocre face promo.
What show is your favourite?: RAW is the best show; The only thing the non-PG Impact beats RAW for is the entrance of The Beautiful People.  What I don't need to see is wounds from "last week" or "Sunday's PPV" that are really only 90 minutes old (some Impacts are taped) reopening mid match.

Savage v. Steamboat at WM3 is probably my favorite match of all time, and Hogan's heel turn is probably the best moment, though Hall and Nash were pretty terrible in the ring by that point.
Studio Manager
Production Manager
Destroyer of Populists

Composure

• Novice
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 08:23:46 PM »

Who is your favourite wrestler?: Amazing Red
Who is your least favourite wrestler?: Cena, Triple H, Rey Mysterio, Team 3D. God these guys are awful.
What show is your favourite?: TNA Impact.
Link your favourite wrestling moment via youtube:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7tjkhcG32M[/youtube]
TNA will have the edge over WWE as long as they have the X division, and don't have to stop the match when someone gets a boo boo.

Thursday

• Novice
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 09:40:38 PM »

Who is your least favourite wrestler?: Triple H

From what I remember when I watched what was WWF, Triple H was quite a good showman. Did that change or what?

TheWanderingBard

• Baron
  • Depressingly Accurate
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 09:27:05 AM »

Who is your least favourite wrestler?: Triple H

From what I remember when I watched what was WWF, Triple H was quite a good showman. Did that change or what?

I'm with you, but in my more recent, infrequent watches he's come across as really, really hammy, so that would annoy some people I suppose.

202. My character descriptions cannot contain more than one of the following words: Slavic, Tonedeaf, Karaoke, Musician.
2125 things Mr. Welch is no longer allowed in an RPG

AwesomistG

• Monk
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 01:40:13 PM »

The Rock was my favourite wrestler of all time and that will never change, currently I think Randy Orton and John Cena are the best in WWE.

My least favourite wrestler is Hulk Hogan. Don't get me wrong he can be exciting to watch and back in his prime was fantastic, but after reading his book and hearing all the bullshit he comes out with has changed my opinion of him.

My favourite wrestling moment is also one of my least favourite moments which is very strange.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmsn2zZX0rM[/youtube]

The Rock and Stone Cold were my favourite wrestlers of all time and I was ready for the best showdown ever which I believe it was,  but Stone Cold betrayed his fans and sided with Vince McMahon. Therefore making Rock look better than Stone Cold which was a great ending to this match.

Also my favourite show is RAW. I do not like TNA
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:11:56 PM by AwesomistG »
History Is Made By Those Who Break The Rules

Natural20

• Baron
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 06:11:53 PM »

1. Chris Jericho because he is the BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT HE DOES.

2. Can't answer this. My least favourite wrestler doesn't exist because I can't remember who he is. No matter how much a wrestler annoys me if he got a reaction out of me then he's doing his job right.

3. Smackdown up until the draft, literally WWE put ALL their best talent there. Now I can't be sure because I've seen all of one episode of new RAW and new SD. Impact is fine too.

4. I wasn't sure of what video to put up. But basically ANYTHING involving jericho winning the world heavyweight championship and this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4PWxBpvWb4[/youtube]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 06:13:44 PM by Natural20 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5