VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Kinda Confused  (Read 2195 times)

Tee

• Novice
Kinda Confused
« on: February 07, 2010, 05:38:35 AM »

So, I recently moved, and was getting used to my new job and becuase of that, missed a lot of what was going on with wcradio (Though I did know it was being discontinued). To be honest though, I thought that everything was moving to OMFG as a new "WoW and more" kinda thing. No, I realize that it was never said that way, that was just what I thought. So, Totalbiscuit has his own website, but he plays his shows on VTW's stream as well, Emperor's Court is here on VTW, and apparently on OMFG as well (At least there's a section for him there), and everyone else is on OMFG.

My question? (And I don't mean to be in any way trollish or critisize what you're doing, I'm just honestly curious) If everyone wanted to go thier seperate ways, then why this show overlapping? If that wasn't the point, why not one huge gaming network site?

I did do some reading, both on wc radio, and a bit here, but I haven't really found an answer to this question.

Sorry if this was indeed answered somewhere, good luck to you, and I'll still be listening, at least for a while, hopefully longer.

BTW: The whole instant register thing was great, getting on a forum in less that 30 seconds is awesome, and I wish more sites were like that.

John

• That -1 Guy.
  • Baron
  • The -1
Re: Kinda Confused
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 07:09:50 AM »

every one wanted to go seperate ways.
Octale and Gnomewise wanted to go together and Emperor and nat.20 came too.
TB moved to cynical brit so he. A could get a job with a game because he was tied in to WoW radio.
B. So he could sink or swim on his owm merrits.
C. so he wasnt dragging everyones name through the dirt.
everyone else went to OMFG because they all had the same ideas

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 09:06:34 AM »

Plus OMFG are more aimed at adult content, more swearing, adult content etc, here and on Cynical Brit there isn't any swearing or, other than alot of crude jokes, adult content =p

That's speculation on my part though. They just wanted to do different stuff.

Gnomewise

• Staff Member
  • Friar
  • Gnome chicks are Hawt.
    • Casually Hardcore
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 09:57:01 AM »

Correct - we each wanted to focus on different styles of of content and audience.

TB is streaming with us while he sorts out his server capacity issues (the downside of being popular).  Once he has worked out the kinks, I will ask him if he wants to keep simulcasting over here.

Emperor has decided to syndicate across 3 networks, simulcasting his shows live on all of them.

Does that help?  I know it is confusing... we all still know each other, and are still working together and helping people get rolling, which can cause more than a few *waitwhat?* moments...

'Wise

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 11:44:22 AM »

You guys have been doing a great job though. And this is the best possible situation, all the hosts are still friends and helping each other out, as opposed to foes trying to beat each others ratings.

Aliandras

• Monk
  • The Battle Mistress
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 11:50:21 AM »

I agree. I think it bodes well for all three stations as well as for the listeners. The three stations are supporting each other instead of trying to bring each other down. Not only do the listeners get more varied shows, but we also do not feel as though we have to pick a side between the three of them.
"Rule #32: Enjoy the little things" ~ Zombieland

Tee

• Novice
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 11:47:57 PM »

Thank you all, it does help, I still wish you all had a stream with everyone's shows (Or a shared forum), but oh well. Not that you need to do what I wish, not what I'm saying, I just hate when people/groups break up, kinda why I don't read WoW Blogs anymore, everytime I go to read one another blogger is moving on. But that's a tangent ain't it.

Wow, I really like ,'s o_O Fear the run on sentences!

On a slightly different note, wouldn't it be cool if there was a massive Portal type site that linked to various shows around the web when they went live on air? Not a network in of itself, but a place that would link to the website of whatever show was live, or soon to be live? I wonder if iTunes does streaming...

Well, thanks again for the help, hope to be listening again soon.

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 06:44:31 AM »

On a slightly different note, wouldn't it be cool if there was a massive Portal type site that linked to various shows around the web when they went live on air? Not a network in of itself, but a place that would link to the website of whatever show was live, or soon to be live? I wonder if iTunes does streaming...

Well, thanks again for the help, hope to be listening again soon.

I like this idea. It could have a long week timetable and slowly had a point going down the times and days or something :)